Monday, August 20, 2012

A Week Of Family

So this last week my mom, sister, and niece came in town!
Doesn't that explain why I've been M.I.A lately?
Well it was seriously a great week. 
It made me realize how empty my life on my own can be.
Nothing makes you more complete than your family.
Anyways, we spent the week exploring but mostly eating!
My mom also came up for Education Week at BYU,
so while I was working she was playing!
Here are some pictures I got of the week.
Which sadly aren't very many :(
 I hadn't seen this cute little girl in 2 & 1/2 months!
Emerson is almost 10 months.
She enjoys eating, sleeping, pulling your earrings, Baby Einstein videos, making funny faces, 
and NOT being in her car seat.

 Emmie sitting in my brother Matt's chair at OrangeSoda
(where Matt and I both work now)
One beautiful evening Jenn and I went up to Salt Lake to visit some friends of hers.
We went to Hatch Family Chocolates 
WHICH I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
The owners have a show on TLC.
It was so yummy.
I got a brownie sundae.
You better not be judging me right now.

While my family was here we ate at a few delicious places such as:
Gandolfo's and Joe Vera's.
Joe Vera's is on Center Street in Provo.
Not very well known.
But one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in Provo.

It was really the most fun eating at Molly's in Provo on Columbia Lane. 
Molly's is owned by a friend of my family.
Molly's is only open 11am-2pm Monday- Friday but seriously go try it.
It's basically like the best comfort food your grandma made.
AND GET DESSERT!
Here is a link to Molly's facebook page.

On Friday I caught a ride back to Vegas with my mom and sister.
It was a really fun car ride blasting Disney and having some girl talk!
(but not when Emmie is sleeping. Wake the baby and Jenn will kill you.)
Jenn is doing the Jef Holm look. Too cool for school kids.

Saturday was my only full day at home. 
I know, what a bummer.
But I made the most out of it and what a good day it was!
I woke up and swam with Jordan and my dog Max.
Max thinks he is human and can't stand it when we're having more fun than him.
Then I tried to lay out but only really survived for about 20 minutes.
That Vegas heat is killer.
 Next my mom and I got pedicures.
She definitely spoils me!
I decided to dedicate the color of my toes to the last week of summer.
HOT PINK.
It was really fun hanging out with Jordan!
He is now a large chunk taller than me and loves picking on me now that he's stronger.
Pay back for all the years I teased him I guess :)

Saturday night I went to a beautiful wedding reception for a lifelong family friend Kenal Nisson.
It was such a lovely reception and I'm so excited for Kendal and Josh!
They looked so in love.
And they left the very next day to spend their honeymoon in Italy!
Talk about lucky in love :)

Sunday I went to church, ate dinner with the fam, and flew back to Utah.
Back to the grind!
School starts 1 week from today.
Let's live it up.











No comments:

Post a Comment