Monday, January 28, 2013

Return To Fiji

I don't think I actually officially announced (on the blog) that I am returning to Fiji!
On May 5th I am embarking on another crazy, amazing, and fulfilling service expedition to Fiji.
I'm unbelievably excited for this trip and I can't wait to see some old friends.
If I'm being honest, I found myself the last time I was there.
Looking back on my years in college, this was a turning point.
The first two years were (wonderful at times) very hard and confusing.
I didn't understand what this phase of life was all about.
And more specifically I didn't know who I was away from my family and home.
My life wasn't all bad. No, not at all. 
However, there was definitely an inner battle of my purpose at this time.
Looking back, this was when it all came together.
I feel so blessed to have had that time to get away from everything and everyone.
I worked hard and just served those Fijian people.
In reality, they served me. 
I had plenty of time to ponder and learn about myself.
What did I want? Who was I really? Where am I going?
I felt God's presence there so strongly I just can't forget it.
It even looks like heaven. 

 (not excited about seeing those huge bugs!)
 Heaven on Earth
 I love those sweet kids.
 My BIGGEST wish is to see Susu again. I don't know if I will or how I will find him... But I truly hope I do. He is the bravest boy I know. Leaving him was so hard. I always told him I'd come back!


No comments:

Post a Comment