Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year's Eve

My favorite part of winter break was when Anders came to visit me for New Year's Eve!
He flew down from Salt Lake City the evening of New Year's Eve because he had to work. 
Our little reunion started off amazing when we ran into Dennis Quaid at the Las Vegas airport!
I saw Dennis come down the escalator right in front of me but I was too nervous to say anything.
Naturally I just stared at him like a creeper.
When Anders and I met up I told him, "Dennis Quaid is right over there!"
Anders said, "Oh ya, he was on my flight! Do you want a picture?"
I told Anders I couldn't possibly go ask him.
So Anders walks up to him and goes, "Hey Dennis, can we get a picture?"
Dennis Quaid was really nice about it even though you could tell he probably didn't want to.
His wife took our picture and we thanked him then they left.
It was amazing!


New Year's Eve was a blast.
We ate dinner and played games at a family friend's house.
Around 11pm we came back to my house and wrote letters to each other that we aren't allowed to open for 6 months! Around midnight we popped open the Martinelli's and watched the fireworks at a country club across the street from my house. Anders tried so hard to stay awake and did so well!
For about 15 minutes after midnight...
and then he was out!

Maybe I'll start a collection of pictures where he is sleeping and I'm wide awake.
I think it would be hilarious.

New Year's day was jam packed of fun activities.
We went to Town Square, the Las Vegas sign, the District, Cheesecake Factory (where he had never been), played some Reverse Charades, and of course a few games of PIG on the basketball court.

Our reunion in Vegas was short lived since I had to work in Utah on the 2nd.
My flight left at 6:15am on the 2nd, ouch!
I was not very functional that day but I made it through.
I'm glad to be back in the swing of things and can't wait to see what this new year brings!

Here's to 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment