Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I Don't Know About You But I'm Feeling...

22!
I waited 6 months to say that.
I was so excited to quote that song when I turned 22.
However, I didn't take into account that most of my friends turned 22 before me...
And it turns out they are T Swift fans as well :)

Regardless, here I am, one year older in all my glory.
What can I say? I'm glad to be alive!

I was born on March 25, 1991 on a cold rainy day in Seattle.
(I don't actually know what the weather was like but it's Seattle so I can only assume it was raining)

I began my birthday festivities when my favorite man brought be nice Jamba Juice smoothie in the morning. 
This delicious smoothie was accompanied by a very sweet card. 
He's pretty good at giving me sweet cards :)
And I'm pretty good at collecting them.
We watched a little Boy Meets World before he had to scoot off to school.

I continued throughout my day as usual,
school and then work.

Throughout my work day, presents started to trickle in.
My friends and boyfriend are so sweet and they definitely know me well!
I received a large amount of diet coke, snickers, and peanut butter M&M's.
 Anders surprised me with a bag full of goodies and balloons!
I got these gorgeous flowers from my boss. 
They smelled so good.
My apartment smelled like Hawaii for days.

After work I changed into some of my fancy new clothes.
(I went on a huge shopping spree Saturday... it was amazing)
My roommates, mom, brother, his girlfriend, Brian (basically my brother), Anders, and I celebrated my birth by eating tons of Southern food at Goodwood! I love that place!
I haven't eaten there since my 21st birthday.

After stuffing our faces we went to my apartment to stuff them some more.
My mom got cupcakes from the Sweet Tooth Fairy. Amazing!
The lady that owns it won the cupcake wars on the Food Network.
I proceeded to open my presents as excitedly as a little child on Christmas Day.

My favorite part about my birthday are all of the thoughtful texts and cards that I get.
I feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life!
It's nice to just know someone remembered you.

Thank you to my friends and family who made it a wonderful day.
Here is to another year full of adventures!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog... I don't even think you know I read it. haha I'm so glad you had such a great birthday!! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete