Wednesday, February 20, 2013

President's Day Weekend

Well, thank goodness for Presidents! Am I right?
I mean at least we get a day off of school and work.
I definitely needed this nice little break.
Anders and I drove down to Vegas on Saturday to visit my family.
We didn't leave until Saturday because our good friends Cameron and Kali were getting married.
Congrats guys!! It was so fun to be at the temple as they walked out all married and cute.

Anyways, Saturday night we ate dinner with my fam and hit the strip.
The strip really isn't that great but there are some fun lights to see.
Just be careful where you look, with all those naked lady pictures floating around!
We saw 2 and 1/2 fountain shows at the Bellagio.
Walked around City Center.
And at a delicious cookie sundae at Serendipity 3.
Serendipity is known for their frozen hot chocolate.
If that is as good as the sundae then I am sold!


Sunday we went to church at 9am.
Then we got to spend the rest of the day napping and eating.
It was a wonderful day if you ask me!
Time to sleep has been rare as of late.
That night I made a nice penne pasta dinner,
followed by a visit to Jenn's,
and a trip to the Las Vegas temple.
Jordan had to hack my phone, as usual.
 Monday was equally as fun and relaxing.
We got to eat breakfast at The Griddle (famous for their red velvet pancakes),
And meet up with Jessica Summerhays. love that girl!
We did a little hiking before getting ready for the day and packing up.
We took our sweet time leaving the warm weather.
We stopped and ate at Chipotle before heading out.
I seriously love that place. 


It was a long drive back with a fun stop in St. George to visit some friends. 
Overall, it was a nice getaway from Provo.
Sometimes it's just nice to take a breather from school, work, and church callings.
Long drives aren't so bad when you have good company!

No comments:

Post a Comment