Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I've Gone Country

I don't know why
but country music reminds me of summers in Utah
For most of my life I've spent part of my summer in Utah.
It always smells like a camp fire at night
& the sunsets are unbelievable.
It reminds me of the summer I was 14
I spent the 4th of July here...
My cousin Lisa & I were best friends
Always laughing and getting into trouble
And we hung out with her friends and watched fireworks
It sounds so insignificant but that was a magical summer.
Like summers usually are.
"I thought if I could touch this place or feel it
this brokeness inside me might start healing.
Out here it's like I'm someone else.
I thought that maybe I could find myself..."

My 4th of July
Stadium of Fire with Kaitlin
Road trip to Vegas
The Beaver rocking chair
Harry Potter 7 midnight premiere
Boating with Sam

Katy Perry concert with Tyler



No comments:

Post a Comment