Friday, July 1, 2011

Fiji Part 5: Our last days

Leaving the next morning was an awful feeling
We were met at the dock by most of the villagers
and our favorite people.
We had some time to visit with everyone before our goodbyes
This is Joe.

This is Manassa.
He is 18 an joining the Army.
The people started singing to us before boarding the ferry
We were all in tears
and then someone tapped me on the shoulder
and it was none other than SUSU!
He said "My mom told me I had to go to school but I cried and cried and said I had to say goodbye to my friends"
After our goodbyes we boarded the ferry
We were all bawling our eyes out.
Then one of Liz's daughters said "the Prime Minister
is on our ferry and he isn't even here yet. Let's jump off the boat!"
I was like um, WHAT???
So we went to the railing and when the police men weren't looking...
(which they didn't care either way I found out later)
We jumped off into the Ocean!
And then some of our friends from the island jumped in and swam with us!
It was the most epic goodbye I have ever experienced!

Talking to Tui before I had to leave again.
(after jumping in... boat in the background)
After jumping in we boarded again and left our friends
and new family members on the Bua province.
It was hard, but jumping in and swimming for a bit reminded us all of the good times not the sad ones.

Fun Fact: I lost my wallet on the ferry which included my driver's license, 20 bucks, debit card, and health insurance card.

Once we got back to Suva ... We went clubbing!
It was soooo much fun!



There is a possibility we got on tables and started dancing.
The next day we went to Pacific Harbor and stayed
at the Uprising Beach resort.
This is our little bungalow.
It was really pretty!

We went to the market and did some shopping.
Then it rained for most of the day so we hung out inside.
That night there were some Fijian dancers that performed for us.
And we ate a really nice dinner.
After that we had a super fun dance party in the bar/restaurant.
And we MAY or MAY NOT have gone skinny dipping in the Pacific Ocean. :]

Obviously, we didn't want to leave.
The next day we began our journey back home.
Beginning with a bus ride to Nadi.
We shopped a little in Nadi
and at 11pm we boarded the plane to LAX.
It was the best plane ride EVER
because I sat next to my best friends
Kaitlin and Tyler
And there was a pillow fight.
All in all this was the best trip of my life.
I miss seeing everyone every day
and the people I love in Fiji.
I hope these blog posts gave you a taste
of my experience there!
Vinaka

No comments:

Post a Comment