Monday, February 27, 2012

Look Up.

Tonight as the day was drawing to a close I was feeling very weighed down by the stresses of life. Mostly silly things that seem like a big deal to me. I'm sure we each have those problems that are very sensitives to our hearts... and I am a very sensitive person, haha. I was in need of some advice so as I was texting my mom the worries and sadness I was carrying in my heart she told me to look up this talk "It Is Better to Look Up" by Carl Cook. I turned on my favorite hymn "Be Still My Soul" and began to read. As tears were streaming down my face. I immediately was filled with the love Heavenly Father has for me and how He truly walks by my side every day. Sometimes I feel that I get too distracted throughout the day to remember to "Look Up" and keep perspective. Sometimes I forget to turn to him to ease the burdens of the day. Sometimes I forget how much He loves me. But not tonight. Not after reading this talk. I'm so glad my mom shared this with me at such a perfect time and I will most certainly work on "looking up".


"Experience has taught me that if we, like President Monson, exercise our faith and look to God for help, we will not be overwhelmed with the burdens of life. We will not feel incapable of doing what we are called to do or need to do. We will be strengthened, and our lives will be filled with peace and joy.3 We will come to realize that most of what we worry about is not of eternal significance—and if it is, the Lord will help us. But we must have the faith to look up and the courage to follow His direction."

"We must look up and step up. And as we do, I know we will cheer up, for God wants us to be happy."

Click here to read the full talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment