Saturday, January 14, 2012

Memorable moments of 2011

2011 has definitely been one of the most influential years of my life. So many great things have come from the year and I have grown tremendously. I am learning and growing into the young adult I was meant to become. 2011 started of with one of the best things that has ever happened to me....
Becoming the Senator of the School of Education

The first event I did in my term was turn a shopping cart into a school bus for the shopping cart parade.
The first semester of 2011 went by quickly as it was filled with school, working at Honda, and learning what my new job as a Senator entailed. At the end of April I quit Honda and got a job working on campus at the Career Development Center. I also applied for the Senator position on UVUSA and made it for another year. Shortly after the semester ended my Grandpa Marc passed away. To be honest, I still forget this actually happened and he is gone. Every time I remember I miss him more.
The summer of 2011 was INCREDIBLE. I think I changed the most in these 4 months. I will ALWAYS remember this time and be grateful for the trails and blessings that made me into the person I am now. I've never had so many great times in such a short time period. Well, it started off with a bang when we all attended to Bruno Mars concert and had FRONT ROW. Janelle Monae touched my hand. Bruno Mars looked at me I swear, haha.
The summer was filled with many parades UVUSA walked in. I loved doing these parades and got to cross "be in a parade" off my bucket list.
Fortunately this year starting around May I got to go home once a month. I bonded so much with this girls in the picture below. I love my friends back home and the opportunity to see my family so often. There is nothing I love more than my home. And there is nothing more therapeutic than a trip home to see loved ones.
During the summer I took up rollerblading with Cori for a short little while. Obviously we were not cut out for it as this night the picture below was taken the "great fall of 2011" took place. Tripping over a hose and landing in a pile of dirt quickly ended the adventure of rollerblading. Band-aids and bruises followed.
I could never forget going to the midnight premiere of Harry Potter 7 Part 2 with Kaitlin in Las Vegas... We also made the BEST nutella cupcakes. Yummmm.
I loved tubing and spending time in the sun :)
Going to the Katy Perry concert with Tyler!
As any one of my friends can tell you... the best thing in my ENTIRE life and more influential was my trip to Fiji. I don't care how many times I talk about it or who gets annoyed because this trip changed my heart and soul in a way no one can know. I learned the meaning of love and happiness. I came to know God in a very close, real, and personal way. I found new meaning to life. And gained the knowledge of the power of service. My heart is forever in Fiji.


As summer ended and the school year began I moved into a new apartment with girls I had never met before. These girls (Michelle, Hilary, and Kimberly) are now quite possibly my closest friends ever. We could not get along better. We laugh constantly and enjoy a good battle of wits. I love these girls to pieces!

Fall 2011 semester had many highlights but one was definitely traveling to Nashville with Academic Senate. I enjoy being around these people so much. This trip was nothing but happy memories. Eating amazing southern food, learning more about leadership, sight seeing, and country dancing!
I rang in the New Year with Lauren Fetto one of my best friends from home. I was fortunate enough to spend my entire 3 week break at home. Most of which I babysat my niece Emerson. It was just the break that I needed.
Last but not least of memorable moments of 2011 was Emerson Rose Croshaw being born on November 4, 2011. I love her sooo much and wish I could be with her everyday. I can't wait to watch her grow up and spoil her! I hope I can be the cool Aunt Meagan :)
2011 had so many special moments to me. UVUSA has been such a blessing. I love the friends I have made and the things I have learned about myself. I am constantly pushing myself to be better and striving to service in a more effective way. I have had opportunities to travel which has sparked new passion in me to see the world. My family has gone through struggles and overcame them. We are blessed with health and strength which I couldn't be more grateful for. I owe everything to my Father in Heaven. I have a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for every person on this Earth to have and infinite amount of chances to progress and be like Him. I know He has a never ending love for us all that can never die or be forgotten regardless of our circumstances. Regardless if we think we need Him. Regardless if we forget about Him. He will always be there. I'm so grateful for that knowledge.

What a great year it was! I'm so blessed. I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment