Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Buried Life

Way back when I was starting college in 2009 I fell in love with the boys of The Buried Life. If you don't know who they are watch this trailer of their show.






Left to right: Dave, Ben, Duncan, and Jonnie


So back in April when the new UVUSA council begins they told us to write down a goal for the upcoming school year... and this was mine.

Yesterday they came to UVU and did a presentation :) It was such an amazing experience for me! On Monday I got to pick them up from the airport... They were all very nice and thankful. I talked to most with Jonnie because we picked him up later so it was less intimidating. Dave is definitely as funny as he looks on TV and he was the other TBL member is talked the most with. Monday night after picking and dropping them off I was super stoked to live the dream again the next day! My favorite moment pre-speech was Dave break dancing in the middle of the tables during our luncheon. He's super silly so I felt the most comfortable around him. We joked around a lot that morning, mostly about him getting old and his hair falling out, haha. There were a lot of pointless conversations between TBL and I but being a huge fan every convo we had was a dream come true! Haha, I'm so lame... I'm ok with it. Their speech was amazing. It was inspirational and funny. If you didn't love them before you did after. Following the speech was a meet and greet with students that lasted forever.

Senate and The Buried Life

Left corner: Jonnie, me, and Dave




When it was all said and done I was so exhausted and still couldn't believe I spent so much time around them. I couldn't believe they actually came to UVU! Duncan got my friend Dani's # and later that night she called me and told me they invited us to go swimming at their hotel! So of course we went. We spend a couple of hours swimming with Dave and Duncan. It was so fun! The best part was Duncan asking tons of questions about Mormons and what they believe. It was so great!




This was an experience of a life time. And I will never forget it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment