Friday, August 16, 2013

The 224

Last night I said goodbye to the apartment I considered home for the last 2 years.
I randomly found this place 2 years ago, 1 month before school was about to start.
I didn't know any of my roommates but I didn't care.
I knew I was supposed to be there.
The last 2 years have been extremely significant in shaping my adult self.
The transition from teenager to adult 
(although I still shy away from the word, adult... I'm only 22 for goodness sakes!! I don't want to pay bills! Anyways...)
was a rough one but these past couple years are when I really came into my own.
So many friends have come, gone, and stayed in this place.
There were the boys who have knocked on that door to pick me up on a date,
and the last one who ever would :) 
So much happened there.
It is bitter sweet.

Bitter because I loved it there.
My roommates went from strangers to best friends.

And sweet because it is time to move forward.
I get to choose my roommate for the rest of my life.
I can't wait to spend every second I can with him.

Sometimes in life change is unwelcomed and forced,
sometimes it is wanted,
and sometimes it is just the next step.

Goodbye, home.

3 comments:

  1. Words can't describe how I feel about this place and this post. So I wrote a haiku to express my feelings:

    The 224 rocks.
    I am sad that you're leaving.
    Now go get married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Meesh! You write the best haikus <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meagan, you poet!! I'm not saying I teared up, I'm not saying I didn't... #224forever #amazingmemories

    ReplyDelete