Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cali Trip Part 2- Disneyland!

We started our morning pretty early so we could get to Disneyland just as the park opened.
We ran straight to Space Mountain, got a fast pass, and rode the ride.
I hadn't been to Disneyland for about 4 years but I was way more excited
to see Anders experience it for the first time!
 
^^ our cute Space Mountain photo^^

I saw more characters in the 2 days we were at both parks than I have in all of the times I have been there combined! We just kept running into them. We weren't patient enough to wait in line and get an autograph but we snuck pictures of most of them.
 ^^ Mickey Mouse waiting for the parade to start. His face cracks me up.^^
 ^^ Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Anders is copying his face.^^


Halfway through the day we switched over to California Adventure.
We made it just in time for the water parade.



 ^^ And yes, Carsland is just as cool as everyone says it is. But more on that later.^^

After the parade we decided to explore every nook and cranny of California Adventure.
We made our way into the Mad T Party section of the park.
This had been added since the last time I was at California Adventure
so we took our time looking around.
As we were walking around we could hear some really loud music playing.
We followed the music to a building in the back of Mad T.
Since Anders and I are always up for a good adventure we decided to just walk in and check it out.
We were not disappointed!
We came across a Disney club where you just dance/party with Disney characters.
I could not get over the unexpectedness of this bizarre club.
This quickly became our favorite part of the trip!




 ^^Stitch almost killed Anders for hitting a beach ball at his face (on accident, of course)^^

After dancing off our exhaustion we were ready to explore some more.
We made it just in time to see Goofy lead the water show.

 Now, I love a lot of the rides at California Adventure
but my absolute favorite ride is the ferris wheel.
You have to get on the rocking carts though or it is just an average, boring ferris wheel. 
Poor Anders was a good sport.
He got a little motion sick.
^^You can see the progression of exhaustion in our pictures.
I stopped caring about fixing my hair because the next ride would just mess it up all over again.^^

We switched back over to Disneyland as the sun went down.
We rode as many rides as our bodies would let us.
Around 11pm we decided to call it quits...
until the next day, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment