Thursday, August 8, 2013

Cali Trip Part 1- Beach Day

So as you all know by now,
our first leg of the trip started with Anders and I getting engaged!
Wednesday night was a special night.
We didn't get much sleep because of all the excitement,
but come Thursday morning we were ready to continue our trek to California.
After a quick breakfast with family
we were on the road again.

The excitement really started to sink in on our drive!
I couldn't help but stare at this sparkly thing.
 You should all know that I didn't want to go ring shopping.
And I wanted the proposal to be a complete surprise.
I definitely got what I wanted!
Anders, being the great guy he is, picked this ring out entirely by himself
and sneakily planned that proposal (with the help of my family) without me knowing!
It was all perfect.
 We were staying at Anders' extended family's house in Mission Viejo.
Once we arrived, we dropped off our bags and headed down to Laguna Beach.

 There is something about the salty air and slipping my toes in the sand that makes me fall in love with this coast line all over again!
I wish I could've stayed forever.
 After getting our beach fix in, we rode our razor scooters around the boardwalk.
I still think those scooters were the best thing I have bought all year.
We felt a little silly at first, 
but those feelings quickly turned into more of a giddy excitement.
We couldn't believe that we had dreamed of this trip all year and now we were living it!
Not to mention it was already much, much better than we expected.

Anyways, for dinner we ate at the classic Johnny Rockets.
 I love their ketchup bowls.


My favorite part of the day was cruising the PCH with my love.
The sun was setting and we were jamming out to Oak Tree by Desert Noises.
That song has been at the top of my list all summer. 



We ended the evening with a stroll through Balboa Island.
It's such a charming place.
We admired all of the gorgeous houses and thought we'd play house for a bit.
We picked up a listing for one of the houses on the edge of the harbor.
6.5 mill... We have quite a ways to go to work up to this place.

After the sun had set,
we made our way back to Mission Viejo.
We needed a good nights rest because we were going to the happiest place on Earth the next day!
Disneyland... here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment