Monday, March 4, 2013

The Latest...

The latest from this weekend... 
Fridays have been more like homework days for us.
But this Friday we were able to squeeze in a late night sushi date before it got too late!
We even made a friend. 
TJ is the sushi chef at our favorite restaurant Kyoto.
Once he slept for 3 days straight.
No lie.

Saturday:
Anders finally got his car back from the shop.
(After being bruised and broken from the car accident)
Saturday around 10ish we drove up to Salt Lake with Anders' sister Marie.
Their family was in town so we went up to his grandparent's to hang out a bit.
We went to this fun little park with the siblings.
Check out all the ducks!
I had a blast scaring them all.
But don't worry, they got their revenge scaring me as well.
 We stopped at Taco Bell for a little lunch.
These sauce packets just happened to end up on my side of the table.
 Hmmm, funny how that happens!
Anders' parents thought they'd show me a little bit of Salt Lake that I haven't seen before.
Starting with the Olympic park from the 2002 Winter Olympics. 
 Have you heard of Gilgal Gardens?
Ya, I hadn't either.
Turns out it's the backyard of a sculptor (who is now dead) that sculpted all these statues
 inspired by the Bible and the Book of Mormon stories. 
Check out that sphinx with the face of Joseph Smith!
It was a really cool place.  
Anders' parents also showed me the delicious Crown Burger.
I had never eaten there before but we had a yummy milkshake.
The decorations are all Renaissance themed.

After the drive back to Provo,
Anders and I decided we'd conclude the night by seeing Warm Bodies.
(and eating a large bucket of popcorn, it's fine...)
I loved this movie!
It was funny, scary, and had a little romance.
What's not to love?

Till next time!
What would a trip be without a picture of Anders sleeping?
I had my hand in between his hands but had to move to take this picture.
Now it just looks like he's praying or something... and bald :) haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment