Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Just What I Needed

Social media, although sometimes overwhelming and negative, can be used to spread light.
This Sunday was Regional Conference in the Utah Valley area.
Us single adults near BYU all piled into the Marriot Center to listen to the leaders of our church share some really valuable lessons with us.
I am so grateful for Sundays because no matter what I always hear a message at church that my Father in Heaven wanted to share with me.
This Sunday I was again reminded by Elder Oaks that texting and social media are at our finger tips and in a second we can share information with the whole world. 
This is a very powerful tool.
I know I can definitely be a better example of sharing positive, light, and good news through these channels.
Anyways...
Today multiple friends on my Facebook news feed shared some things I really needed to hear.
I'm so grateful for the tender mercies that the Lord gives us every day!
There are so many of them and if we don't pay enough attention they just go unnoticed!

This quote really caught my attention today.


"I testify that bad days come to an end, that faith always triumphs, and that heavenly
promises are always kept."

This quote is from a talk that Elder Holland gave at a CES Fireside.
You can find the full talk here.

"Remaining true to our Christian principles is the only way divine influence can help us. The Spirit has a near impossible task to get through to a heart that is filled with hate or anger or vengeance or self-pity. Those are all antithetical to the Spirit of the Lord. On the other hand, the Spirit finds instant access to a heart striving to be charitable and forgiving, long-suffering, and kind—principles of true discipleship. What a testimony that if we strive to remain faithful, the triumph of a Christian life can never be vanquished, no matter how grim the circumstance might be."

1 comment: