Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Break 2012

Well I made it back from spring break in one piece! It was so fun driving down to Vegas and spending my time there with Tasha and Tyler and the rest of my fam! Man, it was so warm. I couldn't get enough of the sun. It was so great spending a week away from the stresses of college life. So here's a little recap. We started off our journey getting stuck behind not 1 but 2 tractors on 2 separate occasions within the first 30 minutes. Gotta love Utah!
Saturday the 10th was really exciting because Alexandria got married! Her wedding was in the morning on a BE-AU-TIFUL golf course which only made me want to go to Hawaii even more. After her and Nick got married we went outside for pictures where my mom and I took this little gem.
Like mother like daughter I suppose! Then we sat down for a fancy luncheon full of the bubbly, chocolate, and wonderful food. It was great. And Alexandria looked beautiful! Congrats! The next day we went to church in my home ward and watched the indie movie Like Crazy. I still don't know how I feel about it but I definitely cried. Next Tasha suggested we go outside where her and Tyler started playing basketball and within the first 2 minutes of stepping outside had sprained/pulled something in her ankle. BUT no worries! I single handedly carried her inside with all the strength I have built up from lifting weights. Haha, just kidding. Tyler and I helped her limp inside and we spent the rest of the evening watching TV and icing her ankle. The rest of the week is blur (from all the crazy parties, ya know??? JK, again.) because we didn't do much. We lounged around the backyard trying to start a tan that has been long forgotten. And my feet got reacquainted with the sun. They missed each other. I read The Lucky One and loved it (as I mentioned below). I watched little Emmy a couple mornings. We hit up the strip and went to some of Jordan's baseball games! Seriously though the week was a blast.



Oh, and we ate good food. I mean who can forget that! We all came back with a little more love (handles) than when we left.
Yummmmm. The real fun started on the second weekend in town. Lexie's bachelorette was on Friday night before her wedding. We had a scavenger hunt on the strip and none of us could stop laughing! All in all we made 12 bucks, met a LOT of drunk guys, got called young a lot (don't mind if I do), and made some good memories.

The next morning was the big day! I was so happy to be apart of Lexie's bridal party and even though it was her special day, she made me feel EXTRA special :) The morning of the 17th I met up with her while we both got our hair done. A few hours later I sat in the lobby of the temple (like a boss) and watched the little kids run around while Lexie & Jon got sealed! After the sealing they walked out the doors as a married couple! We laughed, we cried, we got blown away by the crazy wind. But it was fun taking pictures around the temple.

Later that evening I got to the Spanish Trails golf course club house where her GORGEOUS reception was held! We took even more pics where my cheeks began to hurt so it will be interesting to see how the pictures turn out with my little cheeks on fiyah (fire). Anyways, we danced the night away and I even caught the bouquet! I seriously had the time of my life and that was the most fun reception I have been to in a while!
(Doesn't she look so pretty? ^^) Sunday consisted of a long and unwanted drive back to the frigid Utah weather. However, it was one of the best road trips ever! We had WAY too much fun driving back and 6 hours felt like 2.
Welp, that was my spring break adventure :) Can't wait for my summer adventures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment