Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fiji Part 1


Alright so here I go!
I think I've been putting off this whole blog about Fiji
because no matter how hard I try
or how much I write.
I won't do it justice.
Let's just begin by explaining that I had a life changing
experience. I'll never be the same, I know that for sure.
I'm so grateful I had this opportunity.
I loved every second of it.

(Me, Chad, and Ashley)
So our journey began on June 12th at noon.
We arrived at the SLC airport at 2pm
Flew to LAX
had a 6 hour lay over
Then around 11pm began our 10 hour plane ride
to Nadi, Fiji
Oh and we were on a double decker plane.
It was so sweet!
I don't know a lot of planes but I honestly don't know how
that thing stayed in the air for 10 hours.
But the flight was actually super easy.
I just slept and then we were there!
(Jordynn and I)
I exchanged my American money into Fijian money.
Their money is really colorful. I like it :]
Next we took a 4 hour bus ride to Suva

We stopped at a fruit stand.
I had an orange type thing. I don't remember what it was, haha.
Either way it was sooo good!
Once we got to Suva we checked into the Holiday Inn
We had time to swim and relax before we walked around the city
(we had to buy sulus because they are required in the villages)
(Me and Jentry)
Our hotel was so pretty it was right by the Ocean
It was so perfect and everything looked exactly like I thought it would.
We walked around Suva later and saw a lot of Markets
Their bananas in Fiji are SOO good. Probably my favorite fruit there.
Besides pineapple.

(Celeste and I)
Next we sat at the edge of our hotel watching the sunset.
Everything was so exciting!
The people were nice, the city was exciting, and of course
all the scenery was picturesque.
(Me, Ashley, Celeste, and Lindsay)
We changed into our sulus and ate dinner outside.
We had wood fired pizza.. there was a really good band playing
like I said everything felt so perfect.
(Whitney and I)
I was nervous before I left because I knew it would be really hard work
and there would be surprises.
Things would go wrong.
I just didn't know what to expect.
After that day I was like,
oh ya I can do this!
Then we had reflection time where we got together as a group and talked.
Our advisors said this was the Honeymoon stage.
Everything was about to get really hard.
The nervousness set in again.
But I felt ready.
They let us go for the evening and we went to bed.
We had a bus to catch at 3am.
Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment