Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Happy Belated New Years

I am taking a break from wedding posts to write about the happenings of my life.
Shocker, I know. It's been a while.
After getting married, between all the wild parties, 
I haven't had much time to document my life.
Alright, alright, maybe I'm not up late,  partying every night, but married life has been a blast!
I am loving having a permanent partner in crime.
Anders and I pride ourselves in still having a somewhat interesting social life.

Anyway, New Year's. Let's talk about it.
New Year's is an extremely overrated holiday, in my opinion. 
Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a fresh start and a new year, full of opportunities...
But, is there ever anything super exciting to do?
If so, please let me know so I can join you next New Year's.

Anders and I found ourselves at work on New Year's Eve afternoon 
without a clue of what to do that evening to celebrate the holiday. 
We both had work off the next day so we wanted to do something... well, not boring.
I finally decided to book a hotel in downtown Salt Lake City, 
where we could find plenty to do and eat at one of our favorite diners!

We booked a room at the Marriott.
The view did not disappoint. 


Prior to checking into our hotel, we ate at a lovely place called Hires Big H.
They have a peanut butter shake to die for.


Feeling stuffed and satisfied, 
we headed to our hotel room to crack open a couple Martinelli's and watch the ball drop in NYC.


As it grew closer to midnight we put on our jackets and headed outside to 
ring in the New Year with all the other people in SLC.

 There was an incredible firework show right above us, outside of the Marriott.
Following the firework show, we headed out to a waffle party with a bunch of Anders' friends. 
It was so much fun and the waffles were delicious!
We got home super late and check out was at 10am :( 
That's pretty early for a person who enjoys sleeping in, like me.

Luckily, we got to spend New Year's Day relaxing
 and maybe one of us needed a nap ;)

Happy 2014, people!
This is the year we both graduate,
move out of Utah,
and have an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment