Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Meet my Dad.

This is my Dad
John Dalrymple

He is the best person I know, seriously.
There is so much that I admire about him.
He works harder than anyone I know, He is so patient and kind. He always encourages me to do my best & chase after my dreams.
Anyways, when I went home this weekend towards the end of my trip my Mom said she needed to talk to me. Not really the words anyone wants to hear, right??
She proceeded to tell me how my Dad has regular doctor appointments once a year, like usual, I knew that. But at his last doctor appointment they found a radical spike in one of his tests for Prostate cancer. They told him that yes, he has it. He can either do nothing & in a year it'll be WAY worse & they will have to take care of it (I don't know why that would make sense but whatever) or He can go through 8 weeks of radiation now & according to my Mom it will be COMPLETELY gone and He will be fine.
My biggest fear is something horrible happening to my family while I'm away at College & this really freaked me out. I'm glad that it is not severe enough to be fatal but it made me realize that my parents are not always gonna be here.
In that moment I realized how fragile life is.
I really don't tell everyone around me how much I appreciate & LOVE them.
I'm so grateful that my family will last forever, even beyond this life.
I love them more than anything!



No comments:

Post a Comment