Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Chicago Day 1

Wow, remind me to never get 3 hours of sleep right before a long day again!
Regardless, it has been a great day.
Chicago is a beatifully unique city, full of life.
I am currently sitting in the hotel lobby, 
looking out a huge window of the city.
I think I could get used to this...
The frigid cold, though? That's another story.

After we flew into Chicago we headed right over to McDonald's headquarters.
We met with about three groups of people, three people each, all working in PR.
It was so interesting hearing about their previous work experience and what they do for McDonald's. 
A few things I learned:
- Informational interviews are welcomed by employers. I always kind of felt like they were just saying that, but it would mostly be a burden on them. Nope! Informational interviews are a must.
- They have a legal team of 400 people. 
- To get your resume to stand out: make it creative, stand out and you don't necessarily have to include your education.
- Important skills to have as a PR professional are: relationship building, service-oriented, stress management, organization and be a good writer!

Obviously, I learned a lot.
I can't wait to share what I learn tomorrow!  

No comments:

Post a Comment