Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Oldies but Goodies.

So I'm sitting in my room (which is my favorite place to be) reading through old journal entries (which is my favorite thing to do). It is so fascinating reading what I loved, who I loved, and where I was at in my life. And I also got to thinking how pre-teens/teens are told they are too emotional, too passionate, too dramatic, and too immature. But I don't think all those things were so bad back then. Looking back, I was so brave. I had no fears or if I did I was ready and willing to face them. I wrote a lot. I drew a lot. Why don't I do all these things now? I started thinking about my fears as an adult-to-be. I think we tell ourselves we cannot do certain things or be a certain type of person. We are not creative enough, brave enough, smart enough, etc. Would your 13 year old self believe that? Maybe. I wouldn't have. Never be afraid to be too much of anything. Especially brave. :]

Funny journal entries:
October 12, 2004
Umm.. well this holiday is interesting. It's when Columbus found America. The Native Americans were mad because it was their land. But I think they might have been happy because they weren't lonely.
-Meagan

(haha fail)

October 25, 2004
BUSH CHENEY '04!!!!!
George Bush is the best President. President Kerry now that's scary. Kerry cannot even make up his mind. He would lead America to destruction. If he can't make up his own mind, how can he make America? HE CAN'T! BUSH ALL THE WAY!

November 9, 2004
Rick stood me up at the movies. So that's really mean. He won't talk to me. Everyone is saying I need to dump him I think I do. - Meagan
P.S. I still kinda like him though.

(hahahahaha, classic)

November 30,2004
I'm nervous because I have a D in math and I retook the test and if I get a C or lower I can't perform for cheer or choir. AH!

(not much has changed. ha, by the way I got a C)

February 14, 2005
Valentines day is ok. It's bad but can be good.

(deep)

February 17, 2005
I don't like Tommy ---- any more because he likes my friend Alex. That makes me mad but oh well. Ugh, well on my way here he talk to me. I hate boys. They're stupid.

(I briefly dated Tommy this summer, ironic)

April 13, 2005
A list of things I want to do in my lifetime:
1. Be in a Broadway show (preferably the Phantom of the Opera)
2. Get to pointe ballet
3. Write a book(s)
4. Live in Hawaii/California
5. Make clothes?
6. Get married and be a mom

(So far I'm 0-0)

May 3, 2005
It's a tragic ending
The beautiful death
When your heart gives out
and you're full of doubt.

It's a heart felt break up
a lovely crime scene
the tip of a break through
but falling so deep.

It's a tragic ending.

Dear reader, meet the 13 year old me :]
I found it pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment